Skip to main content

I Am Grateful for the Love of a Child. And a Savior. And a Heavenly Father

This morning was not a whole lot different from any other Sunday morning except that Emma and Estelle both had fevers and stuffy noses so wouldn't be attending church. Taylor got injured yesterday doing a scout activity and didn't feel like going. Spencer was having an emotional moment and was attempting to get ready for church. So really, it should have been an easier morning because I only had Sarah to get ready and she did that pretty much on her own, cheerfully I might add.

But I was not feeling particularly repentant and ready to take the Sacrament. In fact, I knew that if I didn't change my tune, I probably shouldn't. I was feeling grumbly and worried about my offspring and I said a quick prayer in my heart for help as I was slapping on makeup two minutes before heading out the door.

Destry sat at the Sacrament table because Spencer wasn't the only Priest who wasn't there on time. Sitting there waiting for church to begin my mood had changed little; in fact, I grumbled to my friend who also left her teenage son at home getting ready.  Sarah and I were the only Crumps sitting on our usual pew waiting for church to begin.

She looked me in the eye, said "I love you mommy," and gave me a big hug. I melted, grateful for her love as well as for the love of all my children that I knew that I had even when they were not feeling up to par either physically or emotionally.

Sarah shares her love with me frequently. Expressing love is one of her gifts and I get to be blessed by her. The Sacrament song filled my soul with the love of a Savior. I knew that He knew of my shortcomings, but that He loved me any way. He loves me so much that He suffered for not only my sins, but my pain. He lived a perfect life because I couldn't. I partook of the Sacrament and felt renewed.

Heavenly Father answered my rushed, yet sincere prayer. I am grateful for His daily love and blessings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Sarah

My baby has the first birthday of the year. She turned the lucky number 7 on April 3. She could not have been more excited! We celebrated with a rainy BBQ and ice cream pie with family along with games with more ice cream pie with her friends. She recently learned how to ride a two wheeled bike without training wheels and her birthday wish was for a new helmet which Kevin and Christine delivered. She is still easy to please and we had fun parties with her. I am so grateful that she is a part of my life. She has taught me more about expressing love than anyone else. I am the Primary chorister and I have been observing the children lately, especially the younger ones. They are able to express their love freely; they give hugs and smiles to their teachers and anyone else who makes them happy. They sit on their laps and expect to be loved back. The older they get the less easy it is for them to express love. Sarah is not the youngest in Primary any more, but she is sti...

The Costco to Trader Joe's Transition

The first time I went to Trader Joe's, I was both under- and overwhelmed. I had heard that it was a gluten free mecca, that they had so many great products that just couldn't be missed. Upon entry, I was greeted with beautiful, affordable cut flowers. The produce section, also reasonable priced, sold the basics of any grocery store. I then perused small packages of cheese. I continued walking up and down each aisle, stopping occasionally to read the labels of products that caught my eye, only to put every item back onto its designated spot on the shelf. The store itself was small and crowded, filled mostly with college students and an occasional older woman. There were few mothers with children in tow, or heaping carts. The checkout lines were long, but had an employee at every register. I cannot speak to how long it took to get through a line because I walked out empty- handed. I left unsure if I would ever go back.  I was underwhelmed because it was just a grocery store; I do...

Yesterday we had a "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad" morning that ended with a Christlike Kindness

Last Saturday morning SHOULD have been an ordinary Saturday morning.  The children have "Saturday chores" that they are required to do before they move on with their day.  There are a few exceptions.  This morning Spencer had an exception because his scout troop led by Destry went on a rock climbing expedition.  It was a gorgeous day!  They had a great time thanks to Destry's former missionary companion and friend, Dallin Ward, who shared his talents and expertise with the group.  Spencer was the star as I was told.   For those of us who stayed behind, it should have been chore time after they left.  They were all playing together nicely for a while and I just let them.  It is fun to see them getting along and playing well.  At around 10:00 I reminded them  to get get started because Emma had her first basketball game of the season and Estelle had a birthday party that both started at 1:00.  That should have been no problem. ...