Skip to main content

The Spirit Calms Him

Yesterday while we were driving to my mom's house to celebrate Mother's Day with her a week early, I was chatting with Taylor. He had gone up to the stand to participate in blessing the Sacrament. A few moments later I saw him walk out of the chapel. I assumed he had to blow his nose or something. He walked back in during the opening hymn with a loaf of bread in his hand. Apparently, one of the Teachers had forgotten to bring a loaf today. The Priests reverently finished getting the Sacrament table ready for later in the meeting. Taylor blessed the water today. He did a beautiful job. It was his first time. He had blessed the bread a few times before, but not the water. Taylor is incredibly shy and hates being in front of people; yet, you would never know it when he is blessing the Sacrament.

I asked him, "On a scale of 1-10, 1 being no stress at all and 10 being the worst anxiety ever, what is his stress level when he blesses the Sacrament?" He said that a few seconds before it shoots up to an 8 or 9, but when he is praying he feels calm. That is such a tender mercy for him. I am so proud of him. He doesn't appear nervous at all. I'm so grateful that he realizes this is a blessing to him and I'm grateful that he is willing to participate whenever he is needed. He can do so many hard things!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Sarah

My baby has the first birthday of the year. She turned the lucky number 7 on April 3. She could not have been more excited! We celebrated with a rainy BBQ and ice cream pie with family along with games with more ice cream pie with her friends. She recently learned how to ride a two wheeled bike without training wheels and her birthday wish was for a new helmet which Kevin and Christine delivered. She is still easy to please and we had fun parties with her. I am so grateful that she is a part of my life. She has taught me more about expressing love than anyone else. I am the Primary chorister and I have been observing the children lately, especially the younger ones. They are able to express their love freely; they give hugs and smiles to their teachers and anyone else who makes them happy. They sit on their laps and expect to be loved back. The older they get the less easy it is for them to express love. Sarah is not the youngest in Primary any more, but she is sti...

The Costco to Trader Joe's Transition

The first time I went to Trader Joe's, I was both under- and overwhelmed. I had heard that it was a gluten free mecca, that they had so many great products that just couldn't be missed. Upon entry, I was greeted with beautiful, affordable cut flowers. The produce section, also reasonable priced, sold the basics of any grocery store. I then perused small packages of cheese. I continued walking up and down each aisle, stopping occasionally to read the labels of products that caught my eye, only to put every item back onto its designated spot on the shelf. The store itself was small and crowded, filled mostly with college students and an occasional older woman. There were few mothers with children in tow, or heaping carts. The checkout lines were long, but had an employee at every register. I cannot speak to how long it took to get through a line because I walked out empty- handed. I left unsure if I would ever go back.  I was underwhelmed because it was just a grocery store; I do...

Yesterday we had a "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad" morning that ended with a Christlike Kindness

Last Saturday morning SHOULD have been an ordinary Saturday morning.  The children have "Saturday chores" that they are required to do before they move on with their day.  There are a few exceptions.  This morning Spencer had an exception because his scout troop led by Destry went on a rock climbing expedition.  It was a gorgeous day!  They had a great time thanks to Destry's former missionary companion and friend, Dallin Ward, who shared his talents and expertise with the group.  Spencer was the star as I was told.   For those of us who stayed behind, it should have been chore time after they left.  They were all playing together nicely for a while and I just let them.  It is fun to see them getting along and playing well.  At around 10:00 I reminded them  to get get started because Emma had her first basketball game of the season and Estelle had a birthday party that both started at 1:00.  That should have been no problem. ...